Central University of Gujarat (CUG), Gandhinagar invites applications for the appointment of teachers in various schools/centres of studies through direct recruitment. Interested applicants can submit their applications by 23rd August 2019 to avoid rejection. The authority will be shortlisting the candidates as per the applications submitted by them. Such candidates will be invited for the interview round. Final selection of the candidates will be based on their academic records and performance in the interview.
|Starting of form submission||08-07-2019|
|Last date of form submission||08-08-2019|
|Last date to receive the hardcopy||23-08-2019|
|Interview date||Soon to be announced|
How to apply for CUG teaching
Candidates have to fill an online application with required documents by visiting the official website of CUG. Only one application will be treated as a valid application. Candidates need not apply more than once for the same post. The application form must be filled in English language only. The form will comprise of two parts i.e. part-I for registration and part-II for filling the details in the form. Candidates need to fill up their personal details, educational qualifications, and uploading of the necessary documents.
Those applying for the post of professors and associate professors must fill-in and attach their academic performance indicator (API) based performance-based appraisal system (PBAS) along with the print out of the application form, failing which their applications will summarily get rejected.
|Photograph||200 X 230 pixels||20 KB to 50 KB|
|Signature||140 X 60 pixels||10 KB to 20 KB|
|Qualification documents||—||100 KB to 150 KB|
Latest Government Jobs Updates
|Department Name||Total Vacancies||More Details||Last Date|
|Indian Railway||1450||Get Details||07-August-2019|
|Indian Army||375||Get Details||17-August-2019|
|Teaching Jobs||1250||Get Details||09-August-2019|
|Engineering Jobs||120||Get Details||07-August-2019|
|Bank Jobs||630||Get Details||28-July-2019|
|Police Jobs||2200||Get Details||08-August-2019|
- General candidates: Rs. 500/-
- OBC candidates: Rs. 250/-
- SC/ST/PWBD and Es-serviceman are exempted from paying the concerned application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through net banking, credit card and debit card.
Given below are the eligibility criteria for recruitment in various posts under CUG teaching recruitment 2019-
- Professor: A candidate should hold a Ph.D degree in a relevant discipline and have published research work of high quality with minimum 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and have a total research score of 120. He/she should have minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as an assistant professor/associate professor/professor, and/or research experience. OR A Ph.D degree holder who has made a significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned discipline, supported by documentary evidence of ten years’ of experience.
- Associate professor: Applicants should hold a Ph.D degree in the concerned disciplines. They should have scored minimum 55% marks at master’s degree level and have at least 8 years of teaching/research experience in the relevant field.
- Assistant professor: A master’s degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks in the concerned subject from a recognized university. The candidate must have cleared the national eligibility test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D degree as per UGC’s regulations.
The authority will release two cutoff dates 6 months apart. Only those applications will be considered from the candidates who have sent their applications till the respective cutoff date. Shortlisted applicants will be called for the interview round. Those who qualify the interview will be appointed for the concerned post (in which they have applied) only after the successful verification of documents.
Applications received after the cut-off date will be shortlisted for the next round of selection process subject to availability of vacancies. The final selection will be made on the basis of the overall record and performance of the candidates in the interview.