Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is a statutory body under the administrative control of
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National
Standards Body of India Ministry. The body has announced the Recruitment for Scientist-B
Posts. The applicants are required to check their eligibility first and then apply for the Post. The candidates can apply for the Post before the last date i.e. 2 nd April 2018. Other details like Qualification, experience, age limit, pay scale, allowances and how to apply is given below.
BIS Recruitment | Bureau of Indian Standards Recruitment| 109 Scientist-B Vacancy
Name of the Organization : Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
Name of the Post.
109 Posts for Scientist-B in the following Discipline.
1. Mechanical Engineering : 31 Posts (14:UR, 09:OBC, 05:SC, 03:ST).
2. Metallurgical Engineering : 10 Posts (05:UR, 03:OBC, 01:SC, 01:ST).
3. Civil Engineering : 08 Posts (04:UR, 02:OBC, 01:SC, 01:ST).
4. Electrical Engineering : 10 Posts (04:UR, 03:OBC, 02:SC, 01:ST).
5. Electronics Engineering : 17 Posts (08:UR, 05:OBC, 03:SC, 01:ST).
6. Chemical Engineering : 12 Posts (06:UR, 03:OBC, 02:SC, 01:ST).
7. Food Technology : 05 Posts (02:UR, 02:OBC, 01:SC, 00:ST).
8. Microbiology : 13 Posts (06:UR, 04:OBC, 02:SC, 01:ST).
9. Textile Engineering & Fiber Science : 03 Posts (01:UR, 01:OBC, 01:SC, 00:ST).
Vacancy Details for Bureau of Indian Standards.
1. The body is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System
Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing etc., in the
2. BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level.
1. The Education required for the Post of Scientist- B is Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
or Technology or equivalent in concerned discipline with not less than 60% marks 111
aggregate (5.0% for SC/ ST candidates).
2. Master's Degree or equivalent with not less than 60% marks in aggregate.
The age limit for the Post will be as per government rules and norms.
1. The application fee to apply for the Post is Rs. 750/- which is non refundable.
2. No fee application for SC/ST/Ex-serviceman/ Persons with disabilities/ women
The salary package for the Scientist Post is Rs. 79,929/-.
How to Apply for BIS Jobs 2018.
1. Visit the official website i.e. www.bis.gov.in.
2. Go to ‘career opportunity’ option.
3. Click ‘Recruitment advertisements/ Results’ option.
4. Select the notification of ‘advertisement for Scientist-B posts’ option.
5. Read the BIS notification carefully.
6. The candidates need to register their ID and save password.
7. Login ID and fill all the details as instructed.
8. Apply for the Post by uploading the Passport sized photograph.
9. Submit the form.
10. Take a print out of the application form.
Important Dates for BIS Vacancies 2018.
1. The date of issue of the online application is 16 th March 2018.
2. The last date to apply for the Post is 2 nd April 2018.
3. The online exam will be on 15 th April 2018.
BIS reserves the right to Revise/Reschedule/Cancel/Suspend the process without assigning any reasons. The decision of BIS shall be final and no appeal shall be entertained.